For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Mosaic Mural



Last year I decided I wanted to learn how to do stained glass and mosaics. I signed up for a set of classes in the evenings at a local shop.



It was my first time working with glass, grinders, scoring tools, pinchers, foil, and soldering.




Then I took my knowledge and decided to go BIG -- my bathroom wall became my canvas. I worked on it from January till April faithfully. Then company came and went and more came and went. Finally, I picked up with a new determination and completed my creation this past November.



The grouting process was fun! It feels like making mud pies from my childhood days.



As you can see, I used textured glass. I also chose to leave some of the grout in the grooves of the glass as I like the look.



I have just found a wonderful site to give you some information if you are interested in exploring this craft / artform.

http://www.thestorefinder.com/glass/library/howto.html

The possibilities are endless. The expression is rewarding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!