For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Flowers Make A Day Brighter




How come one smiles when they see a field of flowers? Even just to see a handful or a large bouquet, a smile will appear.

Flowers in their delicate state and beauty have been a form of expression since the beginning of time.

Flowers have been painted on canvas by many artists - novice or accomplished. Yet, appreciated just the same.

Just to say the word "flowers" brings images of life and splashes of color to ones mind.

One poetic quote comes to my mind when I think of flowers:

"What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet"

From Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, 1594


In a lot of my embroidery (needlework), flowers are a part of the pattern. I finished a piece with a girl holding a bouquet. I loved the detail it has in flowers and plan on doing more pieces to include in a quilt in the future.






Also, in thinking about flowers, I was able to locate just recently in one of my outings, a Wexford prescut glass vase -- antique now days. It is so beautiful and goes with my growing collection of dishes from that same pattern. (A friend of mine found the very rare plates at a yard sale a few weeks back and purchased them for me. Thank you my friend, Kathleen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!