For A little bit of everything -- "Curiouser and Curiouser" Click here to visit me on Bonanza WonderlandShoppe or click here to visit me on Etsy WonderlandShoppe

Friday, February 13, 2009

Unspoken Messages



A wonderful married couple years ago set me up on a blind date to come to dinner at their house to meet a friend of theirs they knew I would love to get to know. I arrived on time (a chore for me). We talked for a while, then a while longer, till Sandy could resist no more and went to call the missing stranger. She got no answer and both she and Don were embarrassed. Dinner went on without the stranger. A week passed by and Sandy called me asking if the "blind date" that stood me up could call and explain. He did and I gave him one more chance. Upon arrival at my door to take me out to dinner, he presented me with a beautiful bouquet of yellow roses. What impressed me more than the roses was his knowledge of their meaning. Yellow roses signify "Please forgive me." Did I end up marrying this man you ask? -- NO, after 4 years we went our separate ways -- he to his list of golf courses and me to the man I adore. (We are coming upon 16 years of marriage very soon.)

I have simply fallen in love with my fresh cut flower bouquet and pulled out the digital camera to capture the blooms at their peek. I kept snapping shots till I got my most favorite to share with you here. Then I got interested in finding out what meanings of flowers are and found a wonderful site called Florapedia and another one http://www.clareflorist.co.uk/meanings.asp. Check them out for tons of information when choosing your next floral arrangement.



The traditional flower meanings for the Gerbera daisy is beauty and innocence. However, the gerbera variety holds an added meaning of cheerfulness, which stems from the assortment of colors available.



The flower meanings traditionally associated with Stargazer Lilies are innocence and purity, but the more modern connotations are honor and aspiration.



Pink carnations are often given as a sign of gratitude





Zinnia (mixed)--Thinking / In memory of an absent friend



Red roses are the traditional symbol for love and romance, and a time-honored way to say "I love you." The red rose has long symbolized beauty and perfection. A bouquet of red roses is the perfect way to express your deep feelings for someone special.

1 comment:

Boden
New Lower Prices & Smaller, More Affordable Quantities @ Amy Adele!